Giving is a part of our worship.
Financial giving through the church is done in two ways: tithes and offerings. The Bible teaches that we worship the Lord by bringing Him our tithe, which is 10% of our income. When we give in addition to our tithe, it’s called an offering.
Offerings were given to God as an act of worship and mentioned even as long ago as the book of Genesis. We believe giving cheerfully and sacrificially is an act of worship that blesses the giver as much as the receiver (2 Corinthians 9:6-7). While there are many reasons the scriptures give us for why we should give, one that should move your heart most directly is because it makes us more like Christ. There is no greater example of sacrificial generosity than Jesus. As we seek to be more like Him, giving is an absolutely essential element to following Christ.
When we give out of love for Christ, and with a generous heart, it causes many changes within us. Here are a few to think about:
- It increases our intimacy and directs our attention and heart to Christ. (Matthew 6:21)
- It increases our character, conforming us to Christ’s image as an unselfish giver.
- It helps us realize the true ownership of ALL of our possessions. (I Chronicles 29:11-12)
- It teaches us to trust and submit everything to God. (Deuteronomy 14:22-23)
- It works as our greatest weapon against the idolatry of money and its illusion of power in our lives.
Ways to Give
While most congregants continue to give by placing a check or cash into the offering basket during our worship services, there are many ways to show your generosity to AEBC and support the work of ministry here.
- ONLINE through our website
- using a debit or credit card (Please note that AEBC is charged a fee, or you may cover the fee yourself.)
- to or drop your contribution at the AEBC office
- 1800 Lake Street, Glendale, CA 91201
- DONATE your assets like: real property, stocks, or a car
- PLANNED GIVING through a will, estate, trust or retirement account
Contact our Church Administrator if you need assistance (818) 507-7400.
While giving should always be motivated by your love and worship of God, please remember, in order to receive the appropriate documentation for tax purposes and benefits, we must be able to clearly identify you and connect you to your gift.